One Thing A Day (aka Operation OTAD!!)

Photobucket

Hello everyone! Lauren from laurenminco.etsy.com here, and this August I'm trying something new. I'm always working on teaching, freelance illustration, or gallery work, but the truth is that I do alternate between the three, sometimes days (or weeks) separating the "shifts". This Fall, I hope to do one thing each workday (Monday-Friday) focusing on my freelance work in order to really push that area of my life. This includes working on my new website, creating a portfolio piece, sending mailers, or just buying stamps. I'm calling it Operation One Thing A Day, or Operation OTAD for short. I don't have a particular goal, just to stick with this philosophy and hope that I see big pay off once Christmas rolls around (for the sake of the "experiment", let's say Mid December is when I'll look back and reflect on my progress).

I invite you, dear reader, to join me no matter what your objective is. You could even try one thing a week (OTAW??) if that fits your lifestyle better. Today my goal is to work on my new mailers. What will you do??

You can follow my progress at http://adventuresofminco.blogspot.com
If you like this Arts In RI blog post...spread the love!
Digg Technorati Delicious StumbleUpon Facebook Tell Your Tweets
4 Responses
  1. Unknown Says:

    I like your One Thing a Day goal...perhaps i will join you. I plan to do one thing a day in order to progress my painting (whether business related or painting).

    Go arts in ri!


  2. Lauren Says:

    So far I'm off to a good start. I think it's good to balance out the business (emails, etc) with the actual production of art. Let me know how it works for you!


  3. i am way to add to do this! but i soo wish i could. maybe ill try!!


  4. Tanner Glass Says:

    love the idea of OTAD! I do tend to work (a lot, some say).....so my OTAD is focused more on my personal + home life....those need some attention! (cleaning, dog park visits, etc....)