Celebrate Mother's Day with a sense of humor!

Continuing with the Mother's Day theme, alamodestuff is featuring this fun retro switchplate.





"My husband has said this to the kids for years. I decided to make a switchplate simply to remind them on a daily basis."





This cheeky switchplate is individually decoupaged by hand and can be wiped clean with a damp cloth. Kid tested and mother approved, the switchplate will withstand everything from kitchen and bathroom traffic to sticky little fingers. Other sizes and styles (quadruple, toggle, dimmer, etc.) also available.





Through Mother's Day, alamodestuff is offering free shipping (and gift wrap and card) on this switchplate (anywhere in the US or Canada). Leave a comment regarding this item and you'll be entered into our Mother's Day giveaway. Details are below!





___________________________________________________________





Arts in RI Mother's Day giveaway! All you have to do to qualify is leave a comment for the artist about their Mother's Day item. You will be entered into a random drawing for a basket of handmade goods made by Arts In RI members. You can leave a comment every time we post a new item for multiple chances of winning! We are also offering the winner the option of having the winning basket sent directly to his or her mother if they so choose!
If you like this Arts In RI blog post...spread the love!
Digg Technorati Delicious StumbleUpon Facebook Tell Your Tweets
8 Responses
  1. Dessert Diva Says:

    Wow - my dad would appreciate this one, but my mom, not so much. She's very sensitive. Hahaha.

    I think this is awesome though, and a mom with a good sense of humor would really enjoy this!

    danunepthys(at)hotmail(dot)com


  2. a.e. Says:

    I simply love funky and unusual switchplates--this one is great!


  3. Sara Winters Says:

    Oooo! I would like a basket of goodies!

    I really like the idea of celebrating Mother's day with a sense of humor, too. I think the day has too much of a stuffy and serious feel about it. Mom's need a good laugh, and everybody else needs reminders that this is indeed our world, and they just live in it.

    What a great saying!


  4. Unknown Says:

    Hello, I would like to enter the contest with my painting: Loving Pregnancy.
    My site is:
    www.patriciavidour.etsy.com and the image is at:
    http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=24570074

    Thank you!
    Patricia


  5. Wow, my kids would agree with that sentiment...along with the one, "If Mamma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!!" Congratulations on a great idea, loved it!! Spiffyspooner


  6. Megan Says:
    This comment has been removed by the author.

  7. Megan Says:

    I have bought one of a la mode's cheeky switchplates as a gift for my mother (although not for Mother's Day) and it was a big hit... This one has such perfect retro sentiment -- I think the modern world could use a lot more retro behavior! Thanks from Megan at Apiary Designs - apiarydesigns@yahoo.com


  8. Anonymous Says:

    I really like the idea of celebrating Mother's day with a sense of humor

    ___________________

    Vince

    The only Satellite Television Delivers the Best Value in Entertainment