A Gift of Nature for Mother's Day



Arts in RI team members decided to creatively challenge one another to come up with Mother's Day themed items and post them for you on our blog. We will be running a contest between now and midnight May 9th. All you have to do to enter our contest is leave a comment for the artist about the creation and you will be entered into a random drawing for a basket of handmade goods made by Arts In RI members. You can leave a comment every time we post a new item for multiple chances of winning! We are also offering the winner the option of having the winning basket sent directly to his or her mother if they so choose!

Mother's Day allows us the opportunity to celebrate moms and what they do for us every day of the year. Flowers have always been a traditional way to show appreciation to the moms in our lives and some historians claim that Mother's Day originates from ancient spring festivals dedicated to maternal goddesses. Greeks honored Rhea, wife of Cronus and mother of the gods and goddesses of Greek mythology. Ancient Romans had a spring festival dedicated to Cybele, also a mother goddess. Called Hilaria, this celebration lasted for three days and included parades, games and masquerades.

In celebration of Mother's Day, Valerie of Elysian Fields, has a custom listing up for one of her Nature Spirit creations.

"Mother's Day is coming! What better way to show your love than with a unique hand crafted Nature Spirit© design! Moms who love to be outdoors, run, or garden would love to own an original piece of art inspired by Nature."

Let us know how you feel about Valerie's work in the comments section and you will be entered into a random drawing for a gift basket filled with goodies made by Arts In RI artisans. Check back here on May 9th to see if you have won!
If you like this Arts In RI blog post...spread the love!
Digg Technorati Delicious StumbleUpon Facebook Tell Your Tweets
13 Responses
  1. Joy Says:

    Beautiful as always. I am a great fan of Vals work and proudly wear some of her pieces often. Keep on creating my dear.


  2. Dessert Diva Says:

    Interesting! I don't know exactly how I would describe it... I would never have thought to create the leafs!

    I'm definitely a fan of the Arbor Day Foundation support though.

    danunepthys(at)hotmail(dot)com


  3. I admire Valerie´s work and talent so much ! I´m glad to own one of her beautiful pendants I bought from her Etsy shop, but want to try my luck here to get another one ;o)
    Best fairy wishes, Silke


  4. Nancy Says:

    I own several pieces of Val's work and am a strong supporter! Not sure which season of her designs I like best!! Beautiful piece!


  5. Anonymous Says:

    Thank you all for your lovely comments! You all rock!!!


  6. crochetbymsa Says:

    Valerie,
    What a lovely tribute to your Mom!
    You are very talented & your work is so very pretty. I live in PA, but love to visit RI whenever I get a chance.

    Maryann


  7. This is such an amazing piece. All of the Nature Spirit pieces are beautiful - such wonderful depth of color.


  8. This is gorgeous! Definitely a unique piece!

    littleyellowbirdboutique@yahoo.com


  9. What a beautiful and unique piece. Bravo!


  10. Michele Says:

    Being a Rhode Islander, it makes me even prouder when I see your unique talent. God's gift of nature truly speaks through you, Valerie!

    Michele ~.~


  11. a.e. Says:

    Wonderful and inspirational work--lovely!


  12. Megan Says:

    I enjoyed browsing through ElysianFields Etsy shop - what a creative range of work! If I had to choose a favorite, it would be the Oak Leaf and Vesuvianite Pendant. Thanks from Megan at Apiary Designs - apiarydesigns@yahoo.com


  13. Anonymous Says:

    Interesting! I don't know exactly how I would describe it...

    ___________________

    Vince

    Save OVER 50% for 3 months,Save $21/mo for an Entire Year!* on your Favorite Channels