The Love Within


Arts In RI team members decided to creatively challenge one another to embrace the season of love with Valentine themed products. Between now and Valentine's Day we will share some of these "lovely" designs with you here on our blog. Let us know how you feel about our art by leaving a comment. Everyone who leaves a comment will be entered into a random drawing for an Arts In RI gift basket featuring goodies from many of our shops. (one entry per person per post. In other words you can enter once every time we post a new product!!!) Be sure to check back on the blog on Valentine's Day as we will announce the winner that day. Entries will be accepted until midnight February 13th.


Our next Valentine item is a sweet hand blown glass bud vase made by Suzanne Tanner of TannerGlass. Suzanne says of the vase: "I love these. I'll be honest. They are my most favorite thing to make. I feel that they epitomize everything I strive for in glass....simplicity, functionality and FUN. What started as a custom request (a Heart Pocket Coin to remember a lost loved one), soon became a larger idea. I hot-apply the Heart Coin (made with a hand carved stamp) to a colored bubble, melt it in a bit, and finish the shape. The heart that you see is actually an air pocket that is the result of this process." Let us know what you think about Suzanne's glass work by leaving a comment here on the blog and you will be entered to win a gift basket filled with handmade goodness from the Arts In RI members.
If you like this Arts In RI blog post...spread the love!
Digg Technorati Delicious StumbleUpon Facebook Tell Your Tweets
14 Responses
  1. Being a glass artist myself (stained glass and mosaics) ~ I'm automatically attracted to this piece. The color, shape and the simplistic heart design is spectacular.


  2. Andi Says:

    What a cute little vase!


  3. Kim Says:

    Just beautiful - simple and elegant! Perfect to use year round!


  4. engelsigh Says:

    I love glass. Those are beautiful.


  5. Tanner Glass has been in my favorites for about 6 months now. I love their work, it's always cheery and very versatile.


  6. shopPOPKO Says:

    beautiful glass! man, i am so impressed with the clean look of this blog. i am working on one for a group right now and its messy! love being here.


  7. Unknown Says:

    Absolutely gorgeous work. I'm a really big fan of Tanner Glass, after receiving a Shamrock "sea stone" for my birthday. What a beautiful answer to the challenge.

    boldnessbe(at)gmail(dot)com


  8. Harmony Says:

    Um, this is the daintiest thing I've ever seen! I so want to win a gift basket of all your goodies!


  9. Ronnie Says:

    This is so sweet. It would be great filled with Baileys for after Valentines dinner.


  10. Celeste Says:

    These are great! I love glass items, my china cabinet is full of ONLY glass items/dishes


    contact me at:
    celeste@mail4me.com


  11. Sunset Soaps Says:

    Adorbale vase, I love it!


  12. Joy Says:

    How perfect for all those valentine blooms.


  13. CathyH Says:

    Awesome art glass. I'm amazed at your talent! I could see a single daisy in it on my window sill..