Eco Love

Arts In RI team members decided to creatively challenge one another to embrace the season of love with Valentine themed products. Between now and Valentine's Day we will share some of these "lovely" designs with you here on our blog. Let us know how you feel about our art by leaving a comment. Everyone who leaves a comment will be entered into a random drawing for an Arts In RI gift basket featuring goodies from many of our shops. (one entry per person per post. In other words you can enter once every time we post a new product!!!) Be sure to check back on the blog on Valentine's Day as we will announce the winner that day. Entries will be accepted until midnight February 13th.

Our next Valentine work is this adorable stone necklace with a hand drilled heart created by Tracy Prince of Steppingstones . Tracy said of this piece: "My inspirations for the Eco Love was to create a piece to signify my commitment to living a more eco friendly life. It started off with Matt and I trying to save money.... switching lightbulbs.... using reusable bags..... and other simple stuff. But, then it became more about preservation for my children and their children. I didn't want my kids to have to clean up my mess! So I created the design in 2007 as a tribute to my new commitment!" This necklace features a heart of stone cut exclusive to Steppingstones strung on a sparkling 18 inch silver plated chain. It comes packaged in a heart shaped satin box with a tube of bubbles for your silly Valentine to play with!
Let us know how you feel about Tracy's work in the comments section and you will be entered into a random drawing for a gift basket filled with goodies made by Arts In RI artisans. Check back here on Valentine's Day to see if you have won!
If you like this Arts In RI blog post...spread the love!
Digg Technorati Delicious StumbleUpon Facebook Tell Your Tweets
30 Responses
  1. Teri.p Says:

    Cute; love the story behind the necklace.


  2. Unknown Says:

    What a lovely piece & how inspiring that the artist is attempting to be more green, even in her art.


  3. the perfectly understared piece. Love it.


  4. I love this and the story on the blog!


  5. Anonymous Says:

    Hey...how do you drill such a detailed heart shape in stone?? It's so simple and lovely! To me it could represent a permanent, unconditional love. (Or a heart of stone, but hey! ;) )


  6. Joy Says:

    Thts simple and understated. I love valentine things that are not `obvious` and can be used any time.


  7. Unknown Says:

    Its the small steps we take now that ensure great outcome for not only our future but also our children's! I love this design , and to see an artist "going green" in her art, really shows where her heart is!



  8. Lauren Says:

    I was a life-long RI'er until about 3 years ago (I moved to Maine) and it's lovely to see all the great artwork of etsyians from RI here!

    I love the environmentaly friendly aspect of this necklace!


  9. Unknown Says:

    Wow. All of Tracy's designs are so clean and sophisticated. The photos are beautiful too. I really like the asymmetry of the heart necklace. :)


  10. Inked Papers Says:

    How beautiful is this! Wow! I'm impressed!
    Michelle
    mlruyle@yahoo.com
    www.jewelryinfusions.etsy.com


  11. This is so amazing, I love it! Simple and lovely.


  12. NewYorkMemos Says:

    Wow that's so cool! I didn't know it was possible to make such a design on a stone. Very lovely and unique!


    ~Nyny
    NewYorkTran@gmail.com
    NewYorkMemos.blogspot.com


  13. Lisa Says:

    Lovely - I love the mix of materials - great contrast.


  14. Celeste Says:

    I love this necklace, very unique and delicate too!

    contact me at:
    celeste@mail4me.com


  15. Chloe Says:

    This piece really intrigues me...how did she drill out that heart w/ out the stone cracking? wow.

    springshoot5@aol.com


  16. Unknown Says:

    I've always admired Stepping Stones' shop! There's something wonderfully refreshing about the simplicity of the materials she uses!

    boldnessbe(at)gmail(dot)com


  17. Kim Says:

    What a beautiful piece - so intricate but yet so simple with great meaning- Love it!


  18. Emily Says:

    That's really simple and lovely - my kind of jewelry.

    ecibelli(at)wellesley(dot)edu


  19. Gloria Says:

    This is such a unique piece...how DID she do it?!

    gjw823@aol.com




  20. engelsigh Says:

    It's great! I like my jewelry simple.


  21. Bri Says:

    I love this necklace - I am a bit of an avid rock collector, and what a nice alternative to the v-day heart diamond crap!


  22. I also feel strongly about 'going green'. This piece really signifies that! It's lovely.


  23. Ronnie Says:

    Simple and sweet. Nice story.


  24. ash Says:

    I absolutely adore this necklace!


  25. Lori Says:

    wonderul piece ~ it has been said over and over; but the simplicity makes it even better!


  26. CathyH Says:

    Art means so much more when you know about the artist. Eco Love says a lot and beautiful too.


  27. Anonymous Says:

    Cute; love the story behind the necklace.

    ___________________

    Vince

    Lock in your price today for Your favorite channels - and keep it there until 2010!