Change Of Heart


Arts In RI team members decided to creatively challenge one another to embrace the season of love with Valentine themed products. Between now and Valentine's Day we will share some of these "lovely" designs with you here on our blog. Let us know how you feel about our art by leaving a comment. Everyone who leaves a comment will be entered into a random drawing for an Arts In RI gift basket featuring goodies from many of our shops. (one entry per person per post. In other words you can enter once every time we post a new product!!!) Be sure to check back on the blog on Valentine's Day as we will announce the winner that day. Entries will be accepted until midnight February 13th.

Our next Valentine Item is a borosilicate glass heart pendant handmade in the flame of Kim V's Torch of KimVGlass. Kim says of her design: "I have been contemplating the necklace design for a while. It's a variation of the necklace that I use for my heart shaped discs...but one that has some flexibility to it. This necklace allows you to change the focal bead that hangs from it, as long as the focal has a hole that is at least 7mm (1/4 inch) in diameter. I was fortunate to take a class recently, along with fellow Arts In RI'er Paula down in Orlando, FL. The teacher, Brent Graber is a boro glass guru!! We had a great time!! When I came home, I started playing with some of the techniques that I learned. While melting glass at the torch, it came to me....how to create the interchangeability that I was after AND how to incorporate a heart."

Let us know what you think of Kim's ingenious design here in the comments and you will be entered to win a drawing on Valentine's day. You will win a basket filled with handmade goods created by our Arts In RI team.
If you like this Arts In RI blog post...spread the love!
Digg Technorati Delicious StumbleUpon Facebook Tell Your Tweets
20 Responses
  1. Wendy Davis Says:

    Kim,
    You are an amazing artist!!! I love this pendant..what is really unique is the hole at the top is so large. Nice design. of course the glass is so interesting. You can look at it and it just goes on and on forever!!! beautiful work!!


  2. Carol Says:

    I LOVE this, the colors are amazing and I really like how it hangs at an angle. You are very talented!!


  3. Ronnie Says:

    Beautifully done, Kim. How you do this stuff, I don't know! I just paint and sew. Really unusual and love the interchange idea.


  4. Wow.....I love everything about this piece ~ the colors, the design, and the fact that it's interchangeable. It's amazing!


  5. Lori Says:

    Beautiful ~ what a fluid appearance it has. Seems like it would be a perfect comfort piece of jewelry.


  6. Patty Says:

    Kim, you have a beautiful heart. :-)


  7. I LOVE that! The bigger hole size makes it really eye catching!


  8. marcy Says:

    What a pretty heart, but I really like the flexibility that it can be changed out. I think buyers are looking for bang for their buck, so they get not only a lovely heart pendant, but the opportunity to buy more and change them with their outfits.


  9. Unknown Says:

    I have a bunch of interchangeable necklace/pendant sets, but none of them are anything like this. Are you planning on adding more heart charms to your shop?

    boldnessbe(at)gmail(dot)com


  10. Kim V Says:

    Thank you all for the kind words! I'm blushing here :-)
    Marigold, I added the option to my listings so that one can purchase just the heart focal. I also hope to make up some more tomorrow...yay for warmer weather!! :-)


  11. Kim Says:

    This is awesome - unbelievably beautiful! Love it - the swirls of color and the interchangability!
    The heart shape is very unique and a wonderful design!


  12. engelsigh Says:

    Glass art is some of my favorite.


  13. CathyH Says:

    This is such a beautiful piece of art to wear!


  14. Wow, it's beatiful!! Love the colors!


  15. I absolutely love this necklace!
    It is so beautiful, I am going to heart you on etsy!

    Marie Isabella
    Mariethegelfling@aol.com


  16. I love the colors and the feel of the heart. Just a gorgeous bead! You do such beautiful work. Thanks for sharing your heart!


  17. I have been drooling over your hearts ever since I first saw them. They are terrific! Pam


  18. Joy Says:

    Thats so unusual, I like


  19. Beautiful lampwork heart! I've purchased from your etsy shop before, a lampwork bead on an old key (2 of them)! Your work is beautiful!