The Perfect Pair


Arts In RI team members decided to creatively challenge one another to embrace the season of love with Valentine themed products. Between now and Valentine's Day we will share some of these "lovely" designs with you here on our blog. Let us know how you feel about our art by leaving a comment. Everyone who leaves a comment will be entered into a random drawing for an Arts In RI gift basket featuring goodies from many of our shops. (one entry per person per post. In other words you can enter once every time we post a new product!!!) Be sure to check back on the blog on Valentine's Day as we will announce the winner that day. Entries will be accepted until midnight February 13th.

Our next item is this beautiful fine art photograph taken by Diana Brennan of D. S. Brennan Photography. Diana says of this photo which she took for our Valentine challenge: "I wanted to stay true to my usual style, and have a subtle Valentine's theme. Basically, I wanted the image to work year-round. As my sister-in-law so energetically says, "those pears are IN LOVE!" And I'm in love with the photo, I must say. I went back to my black & white roots - and I love how that brings out the contrast between the fabric and the pears, and allows the pattern of the fabric to dance." Diana's photo is 8 x8 and printed on crystal archive paper. It's signed and dated.
Let us know what you think of Diana's work her in the comments and you will be entered to win a gift basket filled with handmade goodness made by our very own Arts in RI members.
If you like this Arts In RI blog post...spread the love!
Digg Technorati Delicious StumbleUpon Facebook Tell Your Tweets
6 Responses
  1. I love the textures in this photo and the pears look absolutely succulent.


  2. I love black and white photos. These pears really do look like their 'in love'.


  3. Very sweet, it makes me think of love and caring, evne though they are pears!


  4. Unknown Says:

    Some puns never get old, especially when they're given such a texturally and tonally rich update. A gorgeous print that is artful and versatile.

    boldnessbe(at)gmail(dot)com


  5. CathyH Says:

    Black and White photography is rich in texture and depth with the right person behind the lens..that would be you! Beautiful shot!