Guess How Much I Love You


Arts In RI team members decided to creatively challenge one another to embrace the season of love with Valentine themed products. Between now and Valentine's Day we will share some of these "lovely" designs with you here on our blog. Let us know how you feel about our art by leaving a comment. Everyone who leaves a comment will be entered into a random drawing for an Arts In RI gift basket featuring goodies from many of our shops. (one entry per person per post. In other words you can enter once every time we post a new product!!!) Be sure to check back on the blog on Valentine's Day as we will announce the winner that day. Entries will be accepted until midnight February 13th.

The next Valentine item up for viewing is from my own shop The Venerable Bead. It's a boro glass beaded vintage skeleton key necklace inspired by a children's book. On the last few pages of Guess How Much I love you by Sam McBratney, Big Nut Brown Hare settles Little Nut Brown Hare into his bed of leaves and whispers "I love you right up to the moon - and back". I swear I never got through that last page without tearing up when my kids were babies. I tore through the house looking for that book last Sunday morning. Maybe I was feeling a bit melancholy because my baby boy turned 11 on Monday. I literally felt myself having panic at the thought this book had been put in the Goodwill bin. In front of 6 sleepover guests I was begging my son to help me find the book. He looked at me like he might just kill me right there in front of 6 witnesses. "Whew never mind I found it in your sister's room" I said a few minutes later. I heard him say to one of his guests that he had no idea why I would think a baby book was anywhere but.
This is a tribute to unconditional love that spans a thousands oceans, a million miles...to the moon...and back. It's comprised of a skeleton key that has a bright red borosilicate glass bead made directly on the shaft. It has charms and a hand stamped brass tag the reads: I love you right up to the moon and back. It comes strung on a 24 inch gunmetal chain with lobster clasp.

Let us know how you feel about this piece here in the comments and you will be entered to win a basket full of great prizes created by our very own street team.
If you like this Arts In RI blog post...spread the love!
Digg Technorati Delicious StumbleUpon Facebook Tell Your Tweets
14 Responses
  1. Andi Says:

    How romantic! I love it.


  2. I adore her key pendants with all the charms. She always picks the greatest sayings!


  3. Unknown Says:

    I can't get enough of these beautiful key pendants. Everything from the bead to the dangles to the sayings are totally one of a kind.

    boldnessbe(at)gmail(dot)com


  4. Anonymous Says:

    Very nice and sweet. :)

    Jo@smilemonsters.com
    Smilemonsters.blogspot.com


  5. Shababy Says:

    I Love it, Venbead always has the best stories. This is really sweet and reminds me also of the days when my children were babies.


  6. Celeste Says:

    Love this...I've been lovin' all of the "key" things out.

    contact me at:
    celeste@mail4me.com


  7. engelsigh Says:

    Those are absolutely beautiful.


  8. Lori Says:

    I love to read the book to my children ~ so adored this from the first look!


  9. Your key pendants are gorgeous!


  10. Joy Says:

    This is very `me`. I love it


  11. Ronnie Says:

    I am in love with this piece! Everything about it!


  12. CathyH Says:

    There's something about beads, keys and trinkets that warm the heart..I love your story and charms!


  13. I love your keys! Awe inspiring for sure. Pam